How does family mediation work?
You will be offered a series of meetings, initially after a free assessment session with one or two mediators. The assessment is the chance for you and the mediator to decide whether family mediation is the right way forward for you and your situation. If family mediation is suitable you will be offered a series of meetings. You will have a comfortable and informative setting; we will help you collect all the relevant information; we will help you discuss and explore possible arrangements to suit the parties involved.
What disputes can family mediation help with?
Family Mediation can help resolve the following disputes:
- Child Contact issues: If you are a parent and are finding it difficult to see your children then family mediation may help resolve issues with your ex-partner.
- Property/Asset Issues: Do you own properties or other valued assets with your ex-partner, and finding it difficult to come to an agreement with how to share the assets? Family Mediation can help.
- Finance: Do you have any finance which is shared with your ex-partner and need help in how to share the finances fairly? Family Mediation can help.
What are the costs for family mediation?
We charge a standard fee for separation and divorce mediation. We charge per individual per session. You can ask about the cost of family mediation, before confirming that you want a mediator to work with you. For a more detailed breakdown of costs then please refer to our family fees page.
How long it will take depends on the complexity of your circumstances, but family mediation typically takes between 3-4 meetings.
Benefits of family mediation
- Free assessments if your eligible for LSC funding
- Save money by going through family mediation rather than paying court fees
- Save time by attending mediation and not going through the court process
How do I make an appointment?
Contact us Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, on 02085561177
We may offer appointment out of normal hours depending on availability
(Last appointment at usually 4pm).